Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Exciting Family Tree Fun!

I have subscribed to Ancestry.com and even though the cost is more than I wanted to pay, I have been having so much fun with my family tree. Once you start up your family tree on the Ancestry website, your tree starts showing little green leaves that circle around and then finally come to a standstill. When they stop circling that means that somewhere in the Ancestry website information they have found information on the name that has the green leaf. You then click on the leaf and it brings up all the information that they have located. It may be a death record with SSI or War Records or even another family tree posted by another individual. You can then attach that information to your family member name. I have found parents names of ancestors so far back I hadn't even gotten that far back in my family tree. This is exciting!!!!

No comments: